Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How to save a software program on an internal hard drive to reinstall later if you can't find the disc?

I have a few programs on my computer that I need when I buy a new laptop next week. However, I just moved and for the life of me I can't find the box that contains all of my purchased software discs. Is there a way I can copy the entire software program into an external hard drive so I an install it to a new laptop from there?|||It depends on which software exactly - but its not likely it will work.


Its not just a question of copy the app files from inside the "program files" folder.


There are normally also files that get copied into the Windows or Windows\system32 folder, also other system folders and a large range of settings that get written into the windows registry.





The only way to get all these files, system files, system settings in place is to install the software from the installation disk.

No comments:

Post a Comment